Atlanta Cinere Surgit
Questions to ask your character
These questions are optional- intended to help the Storytellers get a feeling for the lay of the land, as far as characters are concerned.
Q1: Most Kindred aren’t willing to risk immortality by coming to a city where so many vanished without a trace. Why are you different?
- I’m running from some disgrace; Atlanta offers a chance for a new start.
- I want to be recognized; Atlanta offers a green field where I can stake my own claim.
- I’m drawn by the weird; Atlanta offers mysteries for me to solve.
- I don’t want to go! Someone has dragooned me into going!
Q2: What is your character’s true belief regarding Gehenna?
- Gehenna is real, and coming. When the end arrives, the faithful will be spared. Or at least eaten last.
- Gehenna is Sabbat propaganda! Why would you think the founders of the clans would rise up and eat their own progeny- it doesn’t even make sense!
- Gehenna is a metaphor for a day that humanity rises up and overwhelms the Kindred. It’s ‘real’ insofar as it really motivates some people and should really remind us about the Masquerade.
- Gehenna is a spooky story, made up by the elders to scare neonates; I don’t have time for ghost stories.
Q3: What is your character’s true belief regarding Golconda?
- Golconda is real and attainable. No credible accounts of a vampire having attained suspire may exist, but I have faith it’s possible.
- Golconda is a religious metaphor- the impossible ideal that only exists as we have faith in it.
- Golconda is a fairy tale, made up by ancillia to manipulate gullible neonates; I don’t have time for wishing that things are other than as they are.
Q4: What is your character’s true feelings regarding the Camarilla?
- The Little Conspiracy is a corrupt and rotten edifice, full of hypocritical, two-faced monsters. Unfortunately, the alternates are one faced, diablerizing monsters and posturing, ineffectual hipsters.
- The Ivory Tower is the perfect government for Kindred, ensuring that the oldest and wisest are always in the best position to guide and advise.
- The Camarilla was a good idea when it was founded- but the undying geritocracy that governs it is getting increasingly out of touch. These modern nights are going to pass them by soon enough.
- The Camarilla’s pretty good. It’d be better if I were in charge.
Q5: Tell me about your Sire.
- My sire is the greatest Kindred that there could ever be. I can only hope to live up to their shining, glorious example. Also, they might have been keeping me blood bound.
- You can tell my worthless, sack of shit sire is lying when their lips are moving. The less we see each other, the better.
- My sire’s a Kindred- no better, and no worse than many others. We get along well enough; I generally support them, they generally support me.
- My sire made a mistake- me. I’ll make sure they know it before the end, too.
Q6: Tell me about your Embrace.
- It was awesome! My sire was super gentle, very relaxing, very welcoming. My sire made sure I first fed on a cow, which was- ya’know, kind of gross, but it let me get control without too much damage.
- It was my due; after years of loyal service. Now, the prize- immortality!
- Terror. Pain. Ecstacy. Blood. Anger. Hunger. And here we are.
- I was sort of an accident- my sire wasn’t really looking for childer at the moment, but decided they just couldn’t let me die.
Q7: Do you have any Brood-mates (other Kindred Embraced by the same sire)?
- If yes, do you get along with them?
- If no,
Q8: Many Kindred change their given name upon being Embraced; have you?
- If so, what was your birth name? And why did you choose the name you did?
- If not, why not?